The Voting Details
WHEN: Tuesday, May 16, 2017
WHERE: Beacon High School for all voters living in Beacon, or Glenham Elementary School for voters residing in the Town of Fishkill or the Town of Wappinger
DETAILS: Find more details about what is in the proposed budget here.
The School Budget Vote and Election will take place on Tuesday, May 16, 2017. Polls are open from 7 am to 9 pm. Beacon City School District will have four propositions on the ballot. They are as follows in general form, as shared on the BCSD Facebook page and Budget newsletter for May 2017. All tax-paying citizens are eligible to vote.
- The first proposition is the budget.
- The second is the proposition to purchase school buses.
- The third is to have a student board member hold a non-voting seat.
- The fourth is to authorize the district to transfer money to a capital reserve. The money in a capital reserve would be used for future capital projects. The district is planning a capital project in the near future, and this reserve will be used to help keep the school taxes the same.
Details of what is in the proposed budget can be found here in a newsletter from the Beacon City School District.
There will also be a board election of four seats.
Three Board Members are for running for three-year terms running from July 1, 2017, through June 30, 2020. The candidate who receives the largest number of votes cast will also fill the remainder of a vacant term for six weeks, commencing May 16, 2017, and expiring June 30, 2018. Vote for up to four candidates.
Board Members up for re-election:
Location & Eligibility
Voting takes place at two locations:
- Beacon High School, for all registered voters who live in the City of Beacon, and
- Glenham Elementary School, for voters who reside in the Town of Fishkill or the Town of Wappinger.
For help in determining your voting location, please call (845) 838-6900, ext. 2032.