About Jensen Artists
Founded in 2007 as Christina Jensen PR, the company expanded in 2015 to include artist management services and was renamed Jensen Artists. Jensen Artists is dedicated to developing the careers and telling the stories of today's most vibrant classical musicians. We are motivated by a desire to illustrate the abundance and appeal of today’s classical music world by sharing our clients’ personalities, creativity, and art with the public.
Jensen Artists seeks a career-minded individual with a working knowledge of classical music and the classical music industry to fill an administrative assistant position. Some prior experience working, interning, or completing coursework related to public relations or the classical music industry is preferred for this entry-level position. Attention to detail, promptness, strong organizational skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Monitoring press clips and routing to artists, presenters, managers and label representatives
• Preparing press reports
• Posting event listings on a variety of online calendars and websites
• Researching new press contacts and publications
• Updating artists’ individual accounts and concert calendars on a variety of online resources (Spotify, Bands in Town, and others)
• Updating the Jensen Artists website as directed using the Wix platform
• Assembling materials for industry conferences and meetings
• Scheduling meetings and phone calls
• Attending artists’ performances in the New York area
• General office management – mailing, filing, copying, ordering supplies, renewing subscriptions, running errands, etc.
• A variety of tasks as directed
This position is 20 hours per week. The ideal schedule is 10 am to 2 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday working from the Beacon, NY area, and 10 am to 6 pm on Tuesday at Jensen Artists’ Manhattan office. Competitive hourly wage. Position is available in early September 2018.
Please send cover letter, résumé, and three writing samples (preferably press releases or pitch letters) to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Christina Jensen. No phone calls please.
Competitive hourly wage.