When: Sunday, August 12th 2018
Ages: Family Friendly
This year, enjoy a new flavor at the Beacon Sloop Club's Corn Festival, down at the Pete and Toshi Seeger Park (Riverfront Park) in Beacon, NY on Sunday, August 12, 2018 from 12pm-5pm. The event is rain or shine, so pack a poncho just in case!
How To Enter the Corn Bread Contest
1. Anyone can enter. The only rule is the corn bread must be made from scratch.
2. Prize for first place is $25.
3. To enter, bring your cornbread to the Contest Tent before 2PM. Bring your cornbread on a dish or plate, along with a card with your name, phone number, and recipe. Besides the name of your recipe, please include the ingredients used. Attach the card to the plate. If you would like your plate returned, please note that on the card.
4. The judging will start about 2:15pm and consider such aspects as taste, appearance, and texture.
5. Winners will be announced from the tent at 3:00pm.
About the Corn Festival
Fresh picked, ready‐ to‐eat local‐grown sweet corn on the cob is the feature of this festival down at Riverfront Park, now known as the Pete and Toshi Seeger Park for their decades long work improving and protecting the Hudson River. Enjoy cold drinks, and other summer treats. Environmental displays will be set up, and activities available for all ages.
The sloop Woody Guthrie will give free public sails (weather permitting). Lots of craft and food vendors. Free Admission. Fun for all ages with two solar music stages featuring great sounds.
Music on the Main Stage:
- April Mae and the June Bugs
- Caroline Doctorow
- Cosby Gibson
- Hank Woji
- Spook Handy
- The Offshoots
- The Roadhouse Roosters.
Music on the Children's Stage:
- Bindlestick Bill
- Lydia Adams Davis
- Miss Vicki
- Solar Sound
- The Hudson Valley Troubadors
- The Quahog Quire.
Those Interested in vending can email firstname.lastname@example.org call (845) 463-4660. Info: www.beaconsloopclub.org.