When: Sunday, August 12, 2018
Time: Noon to 5 pm
This year, enjoy a new flavor at the Beacon Sloop Club's Corn Festival, down at the Pete and Toshi Seeger Park (Riverfront Park) in Beacon, NY, on Sunday, August 12, 2018 from noon to 5 pm. The event is rain or shine, so pack a poncho just in case!
How To Enter the Corn Bread Contest
1. Anyone can enter. The only rule is that the corn bread must be made from scratch.
2. Prize for first place is $25.
3. To enter, bring your corn bread to the Contest Tent before 2 pm. Bring your corn bread on a dish or plate, along with a card with your name, phone number, and recipe. Besides the name of your recipe, please include the ingredients used. Attach the card to the plate. If you would like your plate returned, please note that on the card.
4. The judging will start about 2:15 pm and consider such aspects as taste, appearance, and texture.
5. Winners will be announced from the tent at 3 pm.
About the Corn Festival
Fresh picked, ready‐to‐eat, local‐grown sweet corn on the cob is the feature of this festival down at Riverfront Park, now known as the Pete and Toshi Seeger Park for their decades of work to improve and protect the Hudson River. Enjoy cold drinks and other summer treats. Environmental displays will be set up, and fun activities for all ages will be available.
The sloop Woody Guthrie will give free public sails (weather permitting), and there will be lots of craft and food vendors. Two solar music stages will feature great sounds. Free admission.
Music on the Main Stage:
- April Mae and the June Bugs
- Caroline Doctorow
- Cosby Gibson
- Hank Woji
- Spook Handy
- The Offshoots
- The Roadhouse Roosters.
Music on the Children's Stage:
- Bindlestick Bill
- Lydia Adams Davis
- Miss Vickie
- Solar Sound
- The Hudson Valley Troubadors
- The Quahog Quire
Those interested in vending can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 463-4660. For more information, check out the Beacon Sloop Club's website - www.beaconsloopclub.org.