Host Your Pop-Up Shop
291 Main Street, A LIttle Beacon Space
A Little Beacon Blog is the first and only publication to dedicate a Guide to promoting Pop-Up Shops in the area. These types of shopping events are vital to making designers, artisans, and makers more accessible to the community. Pop-Up Shops also contribute to an exciting economy. Now we've taken it a step further, and opened up our Space to be a venue to how your Pop-Up Shop or experience.
Combine with other artisans, or host a solo show. A Little Beacon Space is designed to be spacious and fluid for a shopping experience. Located in the middle of Beacon at 291 Main Street in one of Beacon's most historic buildings, The Telephone Building, our venue has 2 storefront windows overlooking the street and is the first room inside of the building, and an easy room to configure to set shop.
This Pop-Up Shop package is for 3 days - Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You'll want all three days for a successful move-in and move-out. Pop-Up shops hosted here at A Little Beacon Space typically open on Friday at 3pm and close on Sunday at 5pm. Here's a breakdown of how the hours usually play out, but you can set your own hours within these days, letting our Event Manager know in advance so that she can plan on when to open and close for you:
Space Opens for Vendor Setup: 12pm
Retail Hours: 3pm – 7pm
Space Closes for Day: 7pm
Space Opens for Vendor: 9:30am
Retail Hours: 10am-8pm
Space Closes: 8pm
Space Opens: 9:30am
Retail Hours: 10am-5pm
Space Closes After Vendor Breakdown: 8pm
PROMOTIONAL PACKAGE INCLUDES
We want your shop to succeed. So we built in ways that A Little Beacon Blog can help promote your pop-up shop when it's hosted in our Space.
- Banner Ad: A display ad on the side column of every page of our website.
- Listing on our Schedule Page.
- Listing on our Home Page.
- Listing with your flyer in our Pop-Up Shop Guide.
- Listing in our newsletter with other sponsors. See this example at the bottom.
- Listing in our flyer case outside (see picture below).
- 2 Storefront Windows: Decorate! Bring sparkly lights!
- OPEN Sign: Lights up in the dark.
- OPEN Signs for the front doors to attract people in.
- Banner placed in front and side window with the dates of your show 1 week in advance.
- Sidewalk Sign: Place your sign out front on the sidewalk with your flyer to help people know they are in the right place. Additionally, hang your flyer on the front door of A Little Beacon Space as a final anchor point to bringing people in the door.
- Media List: We'll give you a list of recommended publications to reach out to about your event to help you get publicity for it.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
To run a successful pop-up shop here, you'll need a few things:
- Liability Insurance Per Vendor: If you have liability insurance, please add our company to it. Specifics will be in your contract. Alternatively, temporary insurance is available for $39 for 3 days through ACT Insurance. It's easy to start and you can buy it online.
- Contract: We'll send you a contract that outlines nitty gritty stuff, like what kind of decorations to bring, how to hang things, and what to do if it snows.
- Payment: Once you're good with the above and we've settled on an available date, your reservation for the space will be made once you complete payment, which can happen from this page. Scroll down and select the Pop-Up Shop option.
- Event Checklist: Our Event Manager will open and close for you, and will give you an easy breezy checklist to follow, like how to turn on the sparkly overhead lights, where the bathroom is, contact phone numbers, etc. Our Event Managers are artists, and can even be commissioned to illustrate your sidewalk sign (it actually is harder and more time consuming than it seems).
Half Day Monday-Thursday
Half Day Friday-Sunday
Full Day Monday-Thursday
Full Day Friday-Sunday
Full Day Monday-Thursday
Pop-Up Shop Package
3-Day Weekend Combo
Friday + Saturday + Sunday
- 16 chairs total (10 folding chairs, 2 ivory faux leather high-back chairs, 2 bar stools, 2 tall chairs)
- Conference table
- Coffee table
- Epson projector: EX3240/EX7240 Pro. It has the following cables: USB, HDMI, VGA, Audio. We have a BOSE bluetooth speaker in the room, but also have plug-in computer speakers if anyone’s bluetooth acts up.
- 75" wide projector screen
- Easel with paper and markers (including a few glitter markers). Looks like this with adjustable legs
- Bose Bluetooth speaker
- Mini-fridge with icebox (in room)
- Wine & Beer openers
- Wine glasses for small gatherings
- Full length mirror
- Computer plug-in speakers for those who are Bluetooth challenged
- Air-conditioner - turn on as you need it (in summer only, removed during winter)
- 3 trash cans for optional recycling and food compositing