Last Updated: 4/18/2018
This blog is a collection of feature stories and news about Beacon, as well as things to do, buy and see. All articles, be them sponsored or pure editorial, have to pass an editorial test of excellence that will serve our readers. A Little Beacon Blog is an independent business and does not reflect the views of any of its advertisers or types of stories covered. Our aim is to keep readers informed and inspired.
If you have something you want to pitch for feature consideration, please email your pitch to email@example.com and it will be considered, or Contact Us here. If you have a picture you want to attach in your pitch, please use the email. A few suggestions on how to submit a story or feature idea:
- Feature Story: If you have a press release, please copy and paste all text and images into the body of the email and do not send it as an attachment.
- Events: To submit your event for consideration in the Events Guide, Adult Classes Guide, or Kids Classes Guide, please see our Event Submission page. This does not guarantee inclusion in the Guides, but is a way to get it in front of us.
Advertising is available on A Little Beacon Blog. Some blog posts are sponsored posts, meaning that a business paid for a special area of their business. The purpose of A Little Beacon Blog is to highlight the little details in and around Beacon (that includes nearby towns like Fishkill, Wappingers Falls, Hopewell Junction, Poughkeepsie and other areas because we all drive places for things we need or want to to!). We help businesses do this through a more controlled message via sponsored blog posts that speak their message to our readers, and these posts are marked [Sponsor]. Other opportunities are in sponsorships of articles our editorial team is working on, or of entire categories.
If you are interested in sponsorship, please click the Advertising tab in the menu for fun and integrated ways of getting involved and reaching our readers of Beaconites, Hudson Valley people at large, and even New York City day-trippers.
If you are an advertiser in one of our subscription advertising campaigns and have a question about your account, please Contact Us here.
Kindness is accepted in comments, both on this website and our social media channels. Comments submitted to this website require approval before they are published. Guidelines for successful comments on this website and social media channels:
- Swear Words or Grotesque Words: Comments that include swear words or grotesque words will not be published on this website, and will be deleted from our social media channels.
- Extremely Harmful or Hurtful Words: Words that are clean, are not swear words, but are extremely mean spirited, are subject to being rejected or deleted. People who feel that strongly about a subject are encouraged to step back, think about their words, and write them in a respectable manner.
- Misleading Information: Comments that include incorrect information - if we verify that it is incorrect - may be subject to being deleted.
- General Tone: Comments that are written in a generally hurtful manner, are dripping with sarcasm, are scathing, are throwing stones, or are zingers in other ways might not be published. Consider taking a step back, as the comment will be stamped with a "hey, say it nicer next time" and will not be accepted.
- Real Names: If you are submitting a comment, you must use your real name and stand behind what you say in public.