Tonight is a regular meeting of the City Council for the City of Beacon that begins at 7 pm. It is a public meeting, where anyone can attend. A Little Beacon Blog has begun keeping a dynamic section dedicated to City Council Meetings, Workshops, Zoning Board and Planning Board Meetings on our website to help make it easier for you to stay aware of what is being discussed at the City level. We keep links and past meeting videos in this new section, which you can see here.
On the Agenda for tonight:
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Each speaker may have one opportunity to speak for up to three minutes on any subject matter other than those which are the topic of a public hearing tonight. Please sign in at the podium. This segment will last no longer than thirty minutes, with speakers recognized in the order they appear on the sign-in sheet. A second public comment opportunity will be provided later in the meeting for those who do not get to speak during this first segment.
- Kids R Kids Feeding Program - Jackie Bucelot-Mills, Founder
- Rebuilding Together - Christina Boryk, Executive Director
- Council Member Ali Muhammad
- Council Member Omar Harper
- Council Member Lee Kyriacou
- Council Member George Mansfield
- Council Member Pam Wetherbee
- Council Member Peggy Ross
- City Administrator Anthony Ruggiero
- County Legislators
- Mayor Randy Casale
Local Laws and Resolutions
- Resolution to Appoint Jason Johnson to the Position of Detective Sergeant in the Beacon Police Department
- Resolution to Award the Bid for the Liquid Phase Product Odor Control System
- Resolution to Reject Bids Received for the South Interceptor Sewer Project
Second Opportunity for Public Comments
Each speaker may have one opportunity to speak for up to three minutes on any subject matter other than those which are the topic of a public hearing tonight. This segment will last no longer than thirty minutes. Those who spoke at the first public comment segment are not permitted to speak again.
A Little Beacon Blog has been tinkering with this new section, and we have a few new plans for it. Our aim is to help make it easier for you to find out what is being discussed and planned for Beacon. Most information has been pulled from the City's website and presented on A Little Beacon Blog in a way that we hope is easy for you to skim through and reference.
This new section will be Sponsor- and Citizen-supported, and is free for all to read and follow. After we roll out a few more details of this section, we will provide information on how you can support it if you so desire.