The Voting Details
WHEN: Tuesday, May 16, 2017
WHERE: Beacon High School for all voters living in Beacon, or Glenham Elentary School for voters residing in the Town of Fishkill or the Town of Wappinger
DETAILS: Find more details about what is in the proposed budget here.
The School Budget Vote and Election will take place on Tuesday, May 16, 2017. Polls are open from 7:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. Beacon City School District will have 4 propositions on the ballot Tuesday May 16th. They are as follows in general form, as shared on the BCSD Facebook page and Budget newsletter for May 2017. All tax paying citizens are eligible to vote.
- The 1st proposition is the budget.
- The 2nd is the proposition to purchase school buses.
- The 3rd is to have a student board member for a non-voting seat.
- The 4th is to authorize the district to transfer money to a capital reserve. The money in a capital reserve is used for future capital projects. The district is planning a capital project in the near future and this reserve will be used to help keep the school taxes the same.
Details of what is in the proposed budget can be found here in a newsletter from the Beacon City School District.
There will also be a board election of four seats, one of which is the fulfillment of a vacant seat.
Three Board Members are for running for three year terms, commencing July 1 2017, and expiring June 30, 2020. The candidate who receives the largest number of votes cast will also fill the remainder of a vacant term for six weeks, commencing May 16, 2017, and expiring June 30, 2018. Vote for up to four candidates.
Board Members up for re-election:
Location & Eligibility
Voting takes place at two locations:
- Beacon High School, for all voters who live in the City of Beacon, and
- Glenham Elementary School, for voters who reside in the Town of Fishkill or the Town of Wappinger.
For help in determining your voting location, please call 845-838-6900 ext. 2032.